This is a temporary ROM that boots Samsung's FC09 firmware entirely from sdcard without making any changes to the ROM installed on your phone. Simply reboot to return to your normal ROM. This sdcard ROM is useful for several purposes.
- Settings > About Phone > System updates >
- Update Profile.
- Update PRL.
- Settings > Display > Horizontal calibration
- Do this if you have problems with auto rotate on CM9.
- Sprint Activation.
- Dial codes and diagnostic mode.
- Test Samsung FC09 behavior to aid in CM development.
- v4: September 28th, 2012
- Fix kernel to boot from CM10.
- v3: April 13th, 2012
- FC09-based with working 3G, 4G, Update Profile, faster speed.
- Uses 500MB on sdcard instead of 1GB.
- Includes Connectbot and GPS Status.
- v2: April 8th, 2012
- Fixed 3G, 4G and Update Profile, and faster speed.
- v1: January 25th, 2012
- md5sum a9ccdc8b7f9374d1955aef736994a84e
If you already have the utility setup on your sdcard from v3, you don't need to redo the whole process. Download the following upgrade zip, and extract the contents to your /sdcard/multiboot/FC09 directory. This provides an updated boot_FC09.zip and a new zImage.
- md5sum dae2699c4891b0c14cb3ca6fcbb300fa
- Download the epic4g-fc09-sdcard-utility-v4.tar.xz tarball.
- Unpack using 7-Zip (Windows) or Keka (MacOS X) or any other xz capable archive software. Recent versions of Linux can unpack it with tar xfvJ filename.tar.xz.
- If you have v1 or v2, you may want to delete /sdcard/multiboot/EL30.
- Plug your Epic 4G into your computer and mount as USB storage. Copy the entire multiboot folder into the base of your sdcard. Safely remove the USB storage device from your computer to ensure it wrote everything properly.
- Boot into CWM5 on your Epic 4G.
- Install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > multiboot > FC09 > boot_FC09.zip
- WAIT. It will take a while to boot. You might see a "com.android.phone is not responding", do not worry, it is harmless. Wait until Media Scanning is complete before doing anything.
- DO NOT MOUNT USB STORAGE ON YOUR COMPUTER. BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN. DO NOT USE AS DAILY DRIVER. It will be a bit slow because your sdcard is slow.
If this tip was helpful, please consider supporting the Epic CM Team with even a tiny contribution.