The Epic CM team is proud to announce the release of CM9 beta2 for Sprint's Samsung Epic 4G. Please follow us on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter for the latest news. This release contains bugfixes and a major version upgrade to Android 4.0.4!
Tour of Android 4 CM9 on Samsung Epic 4G
Changelog of CM9 beta2 (see previous)
- Wired Headset Microphone volume now louder in calls.
- Loud Speaker Volume now louder. Both phone calls and media (music, Netflix, etc.) should both be louder.
- Added emulation for RotationVectorSensor2.
- Android 4.0.4 brings a few fixes and improvements.
- Users report a smoother overall experience and better battery life than 4.0.3.
- One user reported sync with Exchange server failed in 4.0.3 but now works with 4.0.4.
- Camera pinch to zoom.
- Updated to 4.0.4 crespo blobs.
- Enabled tun in the kernel for VPN users.
- mdnie re-enabled.
- The Epic CM team welcomes Alias8818 (AOKP developer) and gTan64 (Ubuntu developer) as new partners! We have many of the same issues, so by collaborating hasten development of all three projects.
- See bbelos' news update about progress on the kernel-3.0.x port. gTan64 has been very helpful in fixing sdcard and audio! Much work remains before kernel-3.0.x becomes usable on our phone.
- If you have trouble with auto rotation after enabling the settings in the Customization Guide, try calibrating your sensors with the temporary EL30 sdcard utility.
If you appreciate this work, please consider supporting the Epic CM team. Thank you!