noobnl found a simple hack that reduces the kernel framebuffer memory, giving 7MB to userspace on Epic 4G. We need your help to test this kernel and report any changes in behavior that you see.
There *has* to be a drawback to this, perhaps in a very rare corner case. If you find a failure case, please verify it by doing the reproducer on the previous kernel, then again on this kernel.
- Temporary Kernel *Recommended*
- md5sum ad934cb0c416aa5d08757f859fc002b2
- This temporary kernel is strongly recommended as you can easily reboot into the previous kernel. The ease in switching back and forth makes it much easier to confirm any differences in behavior.
- Permanent Kernel
- md5sum cf9cd7d778585653988bb0489e250315
This experimental kernel works with both CM9 beta1 and the experimental CM9 beta1-test-4.0.4 and contains the following changes since CM9 beta1's kernel.
- mdnie enabled.
- tun enabled for VPN users.
- Kernel framebuffer memory reduced by 7MB.
Please report any changes that you see here or in this Google+ thread. Thanks!