Release Notes - IMPORTANT
- You must install the new gapps-ics-20120215-signed.zip after you install alpha4 or some components will be missing.
- Do not restore backups of core system app data, like for Phone, Contacts, Messaging or Calendar. Doing so will likely break MMS or Calendar sync.
- Alternate Kernels, Themes or Mods you download from other sites replace arbitrary chunks of the operating system. If you change the operating system, you are no longer running Epic CM9 alpha4. If you run into trouble, you need to seek support from the author of that mod. If you reinstall CM9 stock OS + kernel and are still able to reproduce the bug, then you may seek support here.
- Fixed the much hated Ringing of Death bug. This was the short chirp before the ringtone, or constant ringtone that would play during or after an incoming call.
- Fixed ICS multitouch protocol in qt602240 driver. This should make it possible to play certain multitouch games like Dead Space™. It also fixes the touchscreen driver with CWM 5.8+ (not released by koush yet).
- LED notifications have been changed to enable significant power savings. LED notification has been changed to blink every 15 seconds, roughly matching the delay in Samsung's EL30. This alone eliminates ~71% wakelocks, while previously the CPU was unable to sleep at all while the notification LED is blinking.
- LED notifications may be turned off entirely for additional power savings. Settings > Display > Pulse notification light. This allows you to continue to hear the notification chime and vibration without the added battery drain of LED blinking.
- Adjusted heap settings to match crespo. This is very similar to a popular tweak in the forums. It prevents some Out of Memory crashes (i.e. NPR News). You can use these three lines in /system/build.prop to benefit from this tweak prior to alpha4.
- Dialer will no longer lockup in rare occasions.
- Numeric battery % indicator now works!