Release Notes - IMPORTANT
- Help Needed! We have identified a serious but rare issue called the Ringing of Death that a few CM9 users have reported. We were unable to fix it for alpha3, but we suspect it has something to do with audio routing from the radio. It would help tremendously if we can figure out a reproducible method to trigger this bug. Please follow the directions and report here if you have any experiences with this issue and have time to help.
- If you are upgrading from alpha2...
- Go into Mobile Network's settings page and select Auto:Domestic Roaming. This will make sure that if you unintentionally disabled Roaming in a previous alpha release it will work. Data wipe does not fix this issue it is stored in the radio NVRAM.
- If you use Sprint VM and are not clearing data go into the Phone app and open Settings>Voice Mail Settings and change the VM number from *86 to your phone number.
- The Install Guide has a new version of gapps-ics. You really do not need to upgrade unless you want working Picasa sync integrated with Gallery. It also fixes automatic reinstall of your previous apps from Market.
- Battery Related
- Fix automatic brightness setting. In alpha2 you could save power by turning off automatic brightness and manually reducing brightness. This is fixed by updating the array values for brightness levels to match CM7 and stock. This reduces wasted power and hot screens reported by some users.
- Capacitive buttons backlights (Menu, Home, Back, Search) now mimic TW behavior by turning off the backlight after a 6 second timeout. This both saves battery and improves the user experience in darkness.
- Fix the power profile. Previously battery usage blame percentages were less accurate.
- LED charging indicator no longer turns off after you dismiss a notification.
- Switched to crespo kernel audio driver. The kernel audio driver (wm8994) now matches the userspace driver (libaudio) we added in alpha2. Should hopefully resolve speakerphone mic issues.
- Voicemail default number is set to your phone number and not *86 by default on new installs.
- MMS now shows profile faces.
- Fix roaming bug. Prior to alpha 3 opening Mobile Networks settings unintentionally disabled roaming. Folks upgrading from alpha2 should open System settings and ensure Auto: Domestic Roaming is selected to enable roaming support.
- Added roaming options. Alpha3 includes domestic, international, both, and no roaming options as found in gingerbread TW ROMs.
- Fixed the annoying "Data usage warning" that was previously impossible to dismiss from the notification window.
- Removed Chinese and Japanese IME. Install the better IME's from Android Market if you need Asian language input.